Company Name & Registered Office
COMPASSION IN WORLD FARMING
Company No. 04590804
Registered Charity No. 1095050
WWW.RAW.INFO ("RAW.INFO", "RAW", "this website", "the site") is a campaigning platform run by staff ("the RAW Team", "we", "us", "our") at Compassion in World Farming ("Compassion") to expose the impacts of intensive livestock farming on people, the planet and animals.
Use of this website is subject to these terms and conditions and by visiting and using RAW you are agreeing to the use of your personal information as described herein.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions. This page will be updated if there are any changes. We may also notify you of changes by email.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users of RAW. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller. For more information about Compassion, please click here.
The RAW Team may, in the future, include staff from other carefully selected nonprofit organisations, which we may invite to share the operation of RAW if it will benefit our mission. In this case, your personal details will not be transferred to those organisations - we will remain the data controller.
Commercial use of any material on RAW is prohibited without our prior authorisation. Resources may be copied for personal and educational use only on the condition that copyright and source indications remain intact and no modifications are made. Some photos are displayed on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners. Permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners.
Information we collect (and what we do with it)
The information we collect includes the following:
- Your email address: if you join RAW, we store your email address as a unique identifier. The RAW team will use this information to update you on the campaign unless you unsubscribe from such emails and, in either case, to reply to any emails that you send to us. We may also contact you about related campaigns that we think you might be interested in (unless you have opted not to receive such emails).
- Your name and country: this is not displayed publicly but will be added to our petition for a food and farming revolution.
- Your address: this is not displayed publicly but, if you submit your address as part of a campaign action, it will be stored in our database and we may use it to contact you in print (unless you have told us you do not wish to receive written correspondence).
- Social network identity: if you sign up or interact with the site via Facebook, your details will be retained by us as if you had signed up with your email address. If you comment on a RAW page, via Disqus, then your comment will be stored by Disqus and will appear (alongside your Disqus identity) on the relevant page in perpetuity or until you choose to delete it.
Via our www.raw.info/if campaign page, we are collaborating with the Enough Food for Everyone IF coalition campaign. Any data entered on this page is collected on behalf of Enough Food for Everyone IFand is only accessible by us if you give permission via the checkbox.
Use of personal data
The spirit and principle of this policy is that we will not sell, rent or share your personal data with third party organisations and we will treat your privacy with the highest respect.
Personal data submitted via this website will be used for the purposes covered in general here and in the specific ways that are described in more detail in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Administer the website and analyse its performance
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Send statements and receipts to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you any email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you general communications about our campaigns
- Send you marketing and fundraising communications relating to RAW and our campaigns
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users but ensure this information cannot be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Petition third parties, where you have signed the petition and the third party is a target of the campaign to which the petition relates
- Publish your comments and any other material you submit to us for the clear and stated purpose of publishing it on our website
We do not, and will not, pass your details to any other organisations without your express consent (unless you use our secure donation page - in which case they have to be submitted via our payment gateway for payment processing and validation purposes only - see below for further details).
While visiting RAW, certain information is automatically logged about how you are using the site. This information may include the URL of the website which linked you to this site, your IP address and the pages you visit while on RAW. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the internet. IP addresses are not used to track your session and are not linked to anything personally identifiable.
We utilise first party cookies, providing us with anonymous and aggregate data about the trends of visitor use of the site which is essential to the operation of our online campaigning platform. We do not use third party cookies, which are set by third party advertising networks who display ads on a website.
If you prefer to prevent cookies
Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your device can be found here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
You can opt out of third party advertising network cookies here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
You can opt out of Google advertising services here: http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/
Please note that opting out of a network protects your privacy but does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does means that the adverts you see will no longer deliver be tailored to your web usage patterns as the networks will not have insight into your prior browsing history.
Information sharing and disclosure
Security of your data
When you give us your personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. While we strive to protect your personal information, we can neither ensure nor warrant the security of the information you transmit to us and you therefore do this at your own risk. In sending us your information, you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
Once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems. By working with Blue State Digital we are ensuring that we are using the best security technology with regards to the collection and transmission of personal data.
Transfer of data outside EEA
If we are unable to use your contribution for the specific purpose you donated in response to, either because of oversubscription or for another unforeseen reason, it is our policy to use your contribution for campaign advertising, public relations or other advocacy activities related to the campaign that you donated to. When you make a donation not related to a specific campaign we will use our discretion to decide how those funds are allocated.
If you have made an error in entering donation details please contact us within 7 days of making the donation and we will be happy to arrange a full refund for you as soon as possible, without charge.
Links to third parties
- Third party software: You acknowledge that you may need to download and activate certain software in order to use certain content provided by RAW. This software will be clearly identified on our site (for example, the Adobe PDF Reader). In order to use such third party software or technology, you will have to explicitly accept the terms of a license agreement with that third party. You acknowledge that we have no responsibility or control over such third-party software.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
We will endeavour to operate RAW with reasonable skill and care and will correct any faults of which we are aware. We do not make any promises about the availability of RAW or any services made available through it. In particular we disclaim any liability in connection with any technical problems you may experience with RAW which may result in interruptions to the service it delivers, or any bugs or viruses in the RAW website, the server that makes the site available or the content made available through RAW. It is your responsibility to implement satisfactory safeguards and procedures to make sure any files you download are free from such contaminations or other harmful properties.
Occasionally we may be unable to perform our obligations under these terms due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. In such circumstances including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, trade disputes, lock outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, our inability or delay in performing our obligations will not be deemed to be in breach of contract.
We will not be liable to you in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss of business, bargain, data, profit, goodwill, reputation, opportunity or any other indirect, economic or resulting loss in consequence of any breach of these terms.
You agree to only use RAW in accordance with these terms. You agree that you will compensate us (and our employees, agents and suppliers) in full for any damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees we incur that arise out of: (i) any breach by you of these terms; (ii) any breach by you of any laws; and (iii) any liability we incur as a result of your use of RAW and/or any other service we provide by any other person acting on your behalf.
Governing law and jurisdiction
This agreement between us will be concluded in English. Any disputes or claims between us arising out of or in connection with the contract are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. If a dispute arises between us out of or in connection with this agreement, we will both attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) Model Mediation Procedure. If either or both of us refuse to initiate the mediation procedure within 30 days of the dispute arising or if we both fail to agree terms of settlement within a further 40 days of the initiation of the procedure, either of us will be free to initiate proceedings in the courts of England which will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with such dispute.
On receipt of proof of identity and a written request you may have a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please contact us and we will reply within thirty days.
Updating or unsubscribing
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, or if you wish to unsubscribe your details.
If you have any questions or comments about our policies, please contact us and let us know your thoughts.